Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sketchbook

Another couple of months go by, and look at that: I've gone ahead and smashed up another pinky! For those counting since college, that's three of my four, leaving only one pinky toe unharmed... no surprise I swiftly opted out of an open-bottom shark cage dive, huh?

Fortunately, this being my left hand it's easy to find a bright side to the recovery time. While I'm coming to terms with ending my pro football and basketball aspirations in favor of less self-destructive outlets for a 5'8" guy, it's also been a chance for me to reflect on what's important and consider putting a little more time into areas where I seem to have room to grow, like writing and drawing. Here are some samples from a recent sketchbook session, elaborating on some scribbles from past gesture classes:






No comments: